The East Texas Catholic community welcomes you and would love to know the story of how you landed in the Diocese of Tyler. We believe sharing your story will inspire others and will give Glory to God by sharing how He is working in your life.
We would also like to use your story to produce a book to give to Bishop Strickland to fill his heart with hope for the future of the Church. This book of stories will also serve as a historical document for the Diocese of Tyler.
In addition to your story, we have a professional photographer, Mark Tanner, who is available to capture our beautiful faces for the book.
To organize your thoughts, the outline below may help. You don’t have to follow the order or the exact prompts.
We want to make this easy for you. A rough draft is all we need. Your submission will be edited, with your permission, to maintain the length and uniformity of the stories. We expect that each story will be approximately one page, single spaced after editing.
If you would like to share but want to remain anonymous, just let us know. We won’t print anything without your permission.
Submit your story to Celeste Spitz in digital format. This can be done by email at email@example.com or through the website TruthForSouls.com. We will provide you with a copy of the final draft for your review.
Thank you so much for participating in this collection. May God bless you and your families and enrich your faith through our beautiful Catholic community here in East Texas.
Use the form to contact us with any questions or to submit your story below:
Rebecca Cali, MD
- Where are you from and when did you arrive
- What were the primary factors that impacted your decision to relocate?
- What was the tipping point that motivated you to act?
- What made you choose Tyler or East Texas as your home?
- Were there particular prayers or novenas that you prayed in the process?
- Was there anything remarkable about your experience?
- Has the move met your expectations and your hopes?